Hello, I'm Matthew Warland. A designer and front-end developer in Toronto, Canada. I have 18 years of experience in product design, front-end development, and user experience strategy.
I've worked with companies and brands of all sizes, particularly within Canadian media, designing websites for National Post, Global News, Ottawa Citizen, Toronto Life, Fashion Magazine, Truck News, Ottawa Magazine, etc.
I've led and mentored design teams inside large organizations and ad-hoc in my freelance practice, and I've helped clients navigate digital product design and strategy throughout my career.
To learn more about me, please get in touch. I'd love to chat!.
Awards & Recognition
- University of Toronto - CASE Awards 2019 & 2020, Gold for Digial Media
- Passport 2017 - Content Council 2017, Bronze for Best in Non-Profit
- Food Institute - Content Council 2017, Gold for Best in Education
- Toronto Life - Digital Publishing Awards 2017, Gold for Best Digital Design
- Weddingbells Trends - Digital Publishing Awards 2017, Gold for Lifestyle
- Toronto Life - Digital Publishing Awards 2016, Gold for Best Digital Design
- Gastropost - 2013 COPA Gold for Social Media
- Gastropost - 2013 Society for News Design JSR
- Gastropost - 2012 COPA Gold for Social Media
- National Post - 2012 COPA Gold for Best Overall Website
- National Post - 2011 COPA Gold for Best Website Design
- National Post - 2011 COPA Silver for Overall Website
Companies I’ve Worked With
Heritage Canada, The Canadian Senate, University of Toronto, Guelph University, Balm Labs, Newcom Media, TD, Toronto Life, Global News, National Post, Fashion Magazine, YTV, Treehouse TV, Canon, Grey Goose, Birks, Lindt, Random House, Red Canoe, and Alliance Atlantis.